Google

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blue Screen of Indegestion.


So after I finished dinner, I got online to put up a new post and as soon as Firefox started, my fans got really fast and loud, and all my running apps went haywire and POOF! It dissolved into the blue screen of death. This is the second time I've run into this screen in the 3 years I've had this computer. Last time all I did was take off all the essential pieces (battery, HDD, RAM cartridges) and put them snugly and safely back in their places. Started it up and everything was fine. That was 2 summers ago. This time I noticed that the fans sounded strange, so I turned the machine over (it's a laptop) and there was a solid half-inch or so of dust and nastiness all over the intake vents.. not cool.

So I dismantled everything down to where I could get at the fans, and the heat-sink and the motherboard, and cleaned it all up with my little anti-static brush. Now it money again and I can finally post.

Work was much easier than usual since, instead of lifting and pulling crates and boxes around, my job was the fork lift. This is ideal for someone like me who weighs as much as a... well, if I went on a mission trip to the third world or something, the locals would be trying to get ME to eat more. They'd be like "Give him your leaf soup, Miho. He needs it more than you do."

Anyway, I was coaxed into having lunch in the lounge with everyone else (I usually go out for fast food or meet friends for lunch) and had some under stimulating conversation with the guys I work with. Now they're not bad guys. Most of them would do you a favor in a heartbeat, no matter if you just met them or have known them for years. But they aren't interested in much more than collecting their bi-weekly paychecks and heading to the dive bars we have around here. Not really my crowd... unless it's Saturday night.

Now I'm going to try and find something interesting to write about on Helium or submit some of my own ideas. Happy Thursday!

No comments: