Google

Sunday, December 23, 2007

How Xbox 360 saved me... for now.


Holy diarrhea. So my family had some folks over from our church this evening. Just a few families (who happen to be raising an army of children). I was on child duty. Now it's not like I was watching toddlers or anything, most of them were anywhere from 8-ish to 14-ish. But they taught me something: I better figure out how to deal with kids. Michelle and I are planning to get married sometime in the next five years and definitely know we want a couple of little ones for our own. But tonight, I couldn't do anything right. One of them spilled soda on the carpet, and I was cool with it. Cleaned it up fast enough, no big deal. Them two of them started arguing and pushing each other so I stepped in and told them they have better things they can do with their time and fighting doesn't solve anything and so on and so forth. Then... they kept doing it, and in doing so, inspired the rest of the kiddos to join in. Now a dispute here and there, I can handle. When you have 10 or more children and young teenagers fighting (in the physical sense) and arguing, it's easy to lose control. Thankfully I pushed my way into the middle of it and sent opposing sides to different areas of the house to keep themselves busy for a while. But it was about to start up again and, fearing a Gangs of New York kind of situation, I pulled my Xbox 360 out and started playing it.

NOw I thought I loved video games, but not minutes after I turned it on and started playing it, little people gathered around to wait their turn to play. Microsoft, I know you get a bad rap sometimes, but in this instance, consider yourself a life-saver. Not to mention Michelle for buying it :) Those kiddos didn't start shit for the rest of the evening!

For the record, I love Michelle way more than Microsoft.

No comments: